Our new luxury facial may be perfect for you!
Our HydrO2 facial is the ultimate 5-star luxury facial with award-winning and ground-breaking 7-step facial, often compared to hydrafacial that utilises the best technologies available to deliver outstanding results for all skin types and concerns.
Before & After Pictures
HydrO2 Facial Frequently Asked Questions
Hydrafacial has grown in huge popularity in recent years and Chiltern Medical Clinic was keen to offer a similar type of facial – after much research, we introduced the HydrO2 Facial as our gold standard in facials.
Much like the Hydrafacial, this facial has a 7-step process utilising the best technologies available to deliver outstanding results for all skin types and concerns. This is the ultimate 5-star experience which includes a Hydro Peel, Exfoliation, Oxygenation, Hydration, Skin Lifting & Tightening, Fire & Ice and Skin Lifting. The treatment is suitable for most skin types.
The 7-step facial treatment includes a HydrO2 Peel, Exfoliation, Oxygenation, Hydration, Skin Lifting & Tightening, Fire and Ice & Skin Lifting:
- STEP 1: Hydro Deep Cleanse – uses a combination of three solutions to cleanse and smooth the skin using AHA & BHA based solutions. It hydrates and nourishes the skin by infusing lactic, salicylic and hyaluronic acid to deeply cleanse, purify and hydrate.
- STEP 2: Exfoliation – creates ‘the Bohr effect’ using a vibrational cleansing tool, allowing oxygen to be drawn into the skin. The active ingredients used are Kojic Acid and Retinol which result in a hydrating and brightening effect. (90m facial treatment only*)
- STEP 3: Skin Tightening – Radio Frequency technology increases collagen reproduction in mature skin. (90m facial treatment only*)
- STEP 4: Skin Lifting – This treatment uses electroporation to increase the absorbency of the cell for product penetration. This, in turn, revitalises and ‘wakes up’ dull and lifeless skin.
- STEP 5: Fire & Ice – The ‘fire’ represents the heating element during treatment. Using this hand piece, heat is incorporated into the beginning of the facial protocol to open the pores, increase blood supply and aid product infusion. The ‘Cryo facial’ uses cooling technology, chilling the skin down to 5℃. This is used at the end of each facial to decrease the blood supply, giving a tightening effect and sealing in the infused products. This also helps to reduce any erythema following treatment.
- STEP 6: Hydration – using a 3D-collagen-enriched sheet mask, ultrasound technology is used to infusion the serum deeply into the skin for maximum penetration.
- STEP 7: Oxygenation: The spray creates a venturi effect, breaking down the molecules within the product to encourage penetration and skin hydration.
Although the steps of this facial are similar to hydrafacial they are different platforms.
The treatments last anywhere between 30 minutes and 1 hour 30 minutes depending on which facial you have. Your therapist will be able to advise on the length of treatment based on your facial selection.
During this treatment you will experience varying sensations depending on the technologies that are used by your therapist. However, the overall feeling is very relaxing, cooling and completely pain free. Our skin lifting technology may trigger slight twitching due to the muscle contractions caused by the treatment, but this is normal and does not cause any discomfort.
You may experience minor erythema (redness) post treatment however this is reduced due to the cryo facial that is used at the end of each treatment.
The results from this treatment will vary depending on which facial you choose. However, all of these facials result in a smooth, hydrated and glowing appearance. Our anti-ageing facials will also display a tightened finish to the skin while our congestion facial will help with skin texture and bacteria.
You will see results after just one facial. For optimum results we recommend you undertake a course of 6 facials (one every 2-4 weeks)
Side effects are minimal and usually do not last long*. A full list of side effects cautions and contraindications will be discussed at your face-to-face consultation.
There is no aftercare formally required, however, we will always recommend that you protect your skin with SPF30+. Your therapist will also be able to recommend skincare products that are suitable to your skin type to assist in your home regime to help to maintain results.
We offer the HydrO2 Facial in both our Goring on Thames and Reading clinics.